Candles blamed for bedroom fire in Stockwood

fireengineA fire which broke out in a house in Stockwood yesterday is believed to have been caused by unattended candles.

Two firefighters in breathing apparatus entered the house in Bifield Road and extinguished the blaze before ventilating the house to clear the smoke.

No one was inside at the time. It is thought the fire started accidentally after candles were placed too close to furnishings.

“Avon Fire & Rescue Service would like to remind people to take care when using candles. Never leave them unattended and keep them away from furnishings and curtains,” said a spokesman.