Dog dies in house fire in Oldland Common

fireengineA dog has died in a house fire in Oldland Common.

When firefighters arrived at the house in Cloverlea Road on Sunday all the occupants were already outside, including the dog, but attempts to resuscitate the pet were sadly unsuccessful.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a 45mm jet to put the fire out.

It is believed the fire started accidentally after a cardboard box was left on top of a warm oven.

Avon Fire & Rescue Service has reminded people to take care when cooking. Never leave it unattended and always turn off appliances after use.