South Gloucestershire Council is proposing to introduce a Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) in response to complaints from residents about anti-social behaviour on land that it owns in Mangotsfield.
The order is planned for land at the rear of Northcote Road, Rodway Road and Long Road which is an informal parking area bordered by gardens. A total of 24 houses have rear access from the land.
Problems that led to the council now consulting on a PSPO include:
- The burning of materials.
- The breaking and storing of mechanically propelled vehicles and vehicle parts.
- Work on mechanically propelled vehicles which includes the maintenance, modification, servicing, engine tuning but not limited to that list.
- Unroadworthy vehicles being driven in an anti-social manner.
- Noise emanating from the use of amplified music.
- Anti-social behaviour which has been intimidating, harassing and threatening to others.
The council says that in response to the concerns raised by local residents it is planning to introduce a PSPO to restrict activities on the land.
“The PSPO is being considered alongside other action targeting anti-social behaviour. We are screening the impact of restricting the use of the land.”
To take part in the consultation go to https://southglos.researchfeedback.net/s/45twhp
It closes on 21st December.