Oldland Common house fire caused by electrical overloading

Avon Fire and Rescue were called out today to tackle a fire in Oldland Common that was caused by the overloading of sockets and daisy-chaining of extension cables.

Crews from Kingswood, Temple and Hicks Gate fire stations attended Cook Close at 10am where they found the blaze affecting a two-storey semi-detached house.

One casualty was conveyed to hospital by a neighbour.

Van on fire

Meanwhile crews from Kingswood fire station were called to reports of a van on fire on Bath Road at Longwell Green at 8.21am today.

A telegraph pole was also affected by the fire.  The cause of the incident was determined to have been accidental ignition.