Kitchen of Brislington house badly damaged by fire

fireengineFirefighters dealt with a fire in the kitchen of a house in Grace Park Road in Brislington yesterday afternoon.

It is thought the fire started accidentally after vapour from beeswax being heated on a gas hob caught fire.

The kitchen was left badly damaged and there was also smoke damage to a connecting utility room.

On arrival crews foundĀ a woman in her 50s already outside and unharmed.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose reel and a covering jet to extinguish the fire and then a fan to ventilate the house.