Corey Male, 15, pictured left, spent five days in the ICU at Frenchay Hospital after suffering smoke inhalation.
He has also had an operation on his foot and ankle which he broke during the fall.
His arm was already in plaster after he broke it after falling off his scooter.
Corey’s six-year-old sister Leah and stepdad Mark Sawyer were unhurt in the fire at the family home in Wilshire Avenue on 8 September. Corey’s mum Tara Savage had been at work at the time and her other daughter Courtney, 14, had been staying with her grandmother.
It was hoped that Corey, who suffers from asthma, would be allowed out of hospital at the start of this week but he suffered a setback after getting chest pains on Sunday night.
The family lost everything in the blaze and their home was not insured but they have been overwhelmed by offers of help from firms, including Keynsham-based Batemans Skip Hire and Longreach Scaffolding in Hanham. They have also received clothes from family and friends.
They are currently staying in emergency accommodation in Speedwell.
Pictured left, Mark and Tara Savage on their wedding day with a young Corey and Courtney