Children’s party terrified after yobs throw lit firework into building

meadow valeYoung children enjoying a party at Meadow Vale Community Centre on Saturday night were terrified after a lit firework was thrown in to the building.

Fiona Russell, chair of the Meadow Vale Community Association, has condemned the teenagers responsible and has urged people to “name and shame them”.

She said: “I was shocked at the stupid behaviour of local teenagers who threw a lit commercial firework into the passageway of the community centre during a Halloween party for the under-fives.

“Had any of them been in the passageway the explosion and blast could have seriously hurt them. As it was they were all terrified and we all lost our hearing for about 20 minutes.

“If anyone out there knows who they are, as no doubt they will probably brag about it to their friends, name them and shame them.”

“I know that the majority of local teenagers will be annoyed by this as we have been working together to make Speedwell a better place.”

The incident happened about 8pm. There were also reports of fireworks being thrown at cars in the area that night.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the police by telephoning 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.